12 Books in 12 Months? - Yep.




Well, when I started this journey, did you really think I was going to publish 12 Books in 12 Months?
Don't worry, if the answer is no, you're not the only one who thought that, I didn't think I'd get it done either, but here we are, looking at a poster of the 12 books I published this year, at least half of which I wrote or re-wrote this year.
I've spent the last 12 months writing, editing, working on layouts, designing book covers and of course, moving. Twice. It was a lot of work, let me tell you. Try writing/editing/laying out/designing and poorly promoting a book, then do it 12 times. Welcome to my 2018.

You've just put out 12 books in 12 months, do you have any regrets?

Yes. Coming up with the idea of publishing 12 Books in 12 Months.

 That's a lot of unread books, do you have any favourites?

Without question, my most well-liked and enjoyed book of the 12 is Moose and Turkey and I enjoy that one very much, especially the $5 I've made from it. My Wasted Youth was the most detailed and hardest one of the bunch and I'm hoping I can use it to leverage myself a music writing gig or two in 2019. 

What have you learned from this experience?

When I put my mind to something unimportant, I can do it! Important stuff like making money, or finding a happy home to live in, can't do it. Sorry. Well, sorry to me for sucking at important things.

Was all the hard work worth it?

I'd give that a yes/no answer. Typically when I go all out on something, like I did with this project and when I did stand-up, I hope that by the time I'm done, somehow I've changed, become a better artist or even person, and that all the hard work has gained me new confidence, connections and a brighter future.
This did not happen.
But, I feel good that I stuck to my guns and even though I feel it hasn't paid off the way I would have hoped, it has paid off in other ways. Being told what I was doing was "inspirational" from different people helped.

Have you improved at all?

As a person? No. As an editor? Yes. As a brother? No. As a writer? Yes. As a good human being? Doubtful. As a friend? Maybe. As a good friend? Depends on who you ask. 

What are you expecting from 2019?

I just want things to improve. I want to be happier, more caring and giving, a better brother, a better friend, a better person.
And more money would help.

What are the chances this is the last book you put out?

I'd say it's quite likely there will be more. I'll stop when the muse tells me to, or if I ever get another girlfriend, lol, wishful thinking.

I thought you said 12 Books, what was the 12th book?
The only monster on Mars, is man.

It's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Mars-Experiment-Vol-Collection-ebook/dp/B07M5X58H2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1545855673&sr=8-1&keywords=the+mars+experiment+vol.+4


If you were going to publish another book, what would it be?

I guess you'll just have to wait and see...






In all seriousness, it has been a long physical and mentally exhausting journey with a ton of support from so many loving, caring and amazing people, including my family, coworkers and friends.
I couldn't have done it without your support and I thank every one who encouraged me to keep going, even, and especially, when I was ready to give up, which was pretty much every day.
There are bigger things in this world than art and writing. Watching loved ones suffer through illnesses and tumours, losing friends and family members, losing jobs and hope, these are the things that truly matter, these are the things I'm truly concerned about.
Let's not take each other for granted. Love, friendship and loyalty are what truly matters. Stories about people killing each other Mars, not so important.
Unless it wins me awards, money and accolades.
Then screw you all.

Happy Boxing Day 2018!

Studio Mike, George the Hellhound, California the Hellcat and Sweet 'Capt. Hairball' Tito.






2018





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.