The King and Little Surfer Girl



     I was given advice by a writer who's opinion I respect, Steve Abbott. He told me the best way to get more readers to tune into my blog was by posting more work - at least one blog a week - and that each post should include a picture or two.
     I've taken this advice to heart and have written regular blogs ever since, in an attempt to grow my audience. It couldn't get any smaller.
     This blog, I call it: The King and Little Surfer Girl, contains a funny poem and a short story that is part of an anthology I re-edited last year.
      I'll just keep these coming, it's fun.
      Hopefully it's fun for you too.
      Cheerio,
     Mike, Tito, George and Ghost Spencer
     May 2016


The King of the Friend Zone

He’s the King of the Friend Zone,
He’s a lucky guy,
He’s friends with many women,
Though he doesn’t know why.
Women like him,
They call him a friend,
They text and call him,
All about their boyfriends.
He’s not attractive to women,
He’s not sexy and spry,
He’s sleeps with the dog,
He’s just another lonely guy.
He’s the King of the Friend Zone,
Though he doesn’t have a clue,
How to leave the friend zone,
Do you?
Being single isn’t so bad,
He thinks,
Another rejection,
Another drink.
Try as he might,
He can’t crack the code,
Another lonely night,
Another wasted load.
He likes them all,
He likes all types,
What he doesn’t like,
Is they never stay the night.
They just shake his hand,
In the end,
With the usual response:
“Let’s be friends.”


Here for your enjoyment is another tale of a hapless loser.














2016

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.