Mary Agnes Diaries - Days 1 - 77



Mary Agnes Diaries - Days 1 - 77

"My name is Mary Agnes.  I came into the Oakville Milton Humane Society as a puppy mill mom who had dried up, and therefore became useless to the monsters who kept me captive.
Instead of being kissed by the wrong end of a shotgun, I was rescued, and brought to the shelter. I was so nervous, and frightened, and more or less cowered and peed in my bed non-stop for a good couple weeks after my arrival. (Thank goodness my handlers at the shelter had great patience and big hearts). 
Though I began to recognize certain people, I was still frightened all the time, and was moved into the Canine Training Office in the hopes that I would become more comfortable.
After weeks of forced socialization, I started coming out of my shell, thanks to Mel, Heather S, and the OMHS Animal Care Crew, with a special thanks to Zylkene. 
After months hanging out in the C.T. office, and being stared at by strangers day in and day out, I began to plateau mentally, and was ready for a change of scenery. 
Enter bleeding heart Foster Daddy. Foster Dad talked to Foster Mom about possibly fostering me. That was 77 days ago. (Has it really been that long?!)
I am available for adoption, and desperate for another change of scenery before I become too attached to this warm, love-filled and comfy home.
Still waiting on my happy ending, but in the meantime, life kicks ass."

Kisses and Cuddles,
Mary Agnes, April 29, 2013


You can continue to follow my adventures on FB until I find my forever home...

Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 1
"Today is the first day in my new foster home, and I'm shaking like a leaf in a winter storm. But I can feel the love, and am excited to go out in my new backyard for a bathroom break, if foster daddy would get off that stupid computer. Maybe one day I'll be as relaxed as that crazy spaniel."
Mary Agnes, Feb.12/13
















Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 2

"Today was awesome! I didn't even poop in my bed! I'm starting to settle in, and am starting to dance and prance, and even enjoyed the snow outside this morning."



Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 3

"Getting a lot more confident, and came out of my room on my own. Got my first glimpse of the Monster, he seems okay, a little smelly, and I don't like his jacket, but overall, a nice day."



Mary Agnes Diaries - Days 4-5
"Foster Daddy was "tired" yesterday, so he's making it up to me by dressing me up, and following me with a camera. Haven't mastered the stairs yet, but I'll get it soon..."



Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 6
"Watched TV with my foster family, and fell asleep. Enjoyed burying my head under the blanket and snoring away. Spent much of the day upstairs today, life is good. Time to go up for adoption?..."




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 9
"Hmmm....what does the Roommate Agreement say here? No pooping on the rug or your out? Uh-oh!"



Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 11
"This is Mine. My island, my rock, my solitude from all the crazies in this house, of which, there are many."




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 13
Mary Agnes: "Foster Mom, I climbed the stairs!"
FM:"You can talk?!"
(and type too, quite talented...)




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 20
"I just made it down the stairs for the first time ever! I'm growing more confident and learning more each and every day. So happy to be alive."




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 27
"On Day 1, I wished "Maybe one day I'll be as relaxed as that crazy spaniel." Getting closer..."





Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 41
"What does your shirt say, Foster Dad? Outlaw...Puppy Mills?
Yes, I like that idea."




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 47
"Foster Granpa came over and spent the night with me! We watched baseball, and then napped together. I've also discovered that the top of the couch is the comfiest place ever!!"




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 50!
"I did it! I finally took my first walk with Spencer (the Monster) and my foster parents. For all those who doubted I could do it, proved you wrong again. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Foster Dad!)."



Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 56
"I think having another dog around, even one like Spencer, is a big reason why I have flourished in my foster home. I'm doing great, with the help of my foster brother, and my kitty cat friends."
(note: pics were taken a year apart)




Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 62
"Went for a car ride yesterday, my first since coming to my Foster Home 62 days ago. I was nervous and shaky at first, but got distracted people watching and forgot about being scared. Had fun down at the Lake, my first time being there. It was a little cold, but had fun with Spencer and my foster parents."



Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 65
"I'm back at the shelter, hanging out with my BFF Mel, and with silly Rita, in the Canine Training Office. I come back to my foster home each evening, but have accelerated my socialization in attempt to get me adopted sooner. Doing great, btw."


Mary Agnes Diaries - Day 70
"One of the nice things about being back in Mel+Heather's office, is hanging out with Rita. Would prefer it if she humped me less, but in some ways it's just nice to be wanted. Come by and say hello, I'm always looking for a new friend, and great new home."








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022