Charlie Fund Quilt Auction Oct.22, The Hogtown Vegan, My first gig!


Please come out and support the Charlie Fund, at their annual Quilt Auction, this Saturday!!
We'll be there, working Admissions.
Won't you please support, this amazing cause.

Maple Grove United Church, 346 Maple Grove Drive, Oakville, ON


My first big gig came up a couple weeks ago, it was all very exciting.
This is what happened when I showed up for the gig:

Me: "Hi, I'm Mike, I'm playing at 12."
Girl: "Who?"
Me: "Um, I'm Mike... I'm playing for Myriam, she said I was on at 12."
Girl: "She said WHAT?"
Me: "Uh..."
Girl: "I have no idea what she's talking about. We're booked solid."
Me: "Uh..."
Girl: "Where is Myriam..." Walks off.
Pause.
Me to Beth: "I don't think she's coming back."
Beth to me: "That sucks."

True story.

On veg.ca, there was an ad for a $20 Compassionate Thankgiving dinner, at The Hogtown Vegan.
It is a new place, only opened up a couple months ago, but HOT DAMN! Them's some fine eats!
We'll be Bach.

Menu Vs. Food



What happens when I write something here? Hmmm... looks pretty good. Shouldn't forget to erase this later.



I think this picture speaks for itself.
It says: Veggie Food Festival 2011.

Just in case you missed it:
Please come out and support the Charlie Fund, at their annual Quilt Auction, this Saturday!!
We'll be there, working Admissions.
Won't you please support, this amazing cause.


Animals saved today: 4
Animals saved to date: 2211

Note: We realize these numbers are not a true representation, but in our minds, this helps to visualize the damage we are causing when we eat animal by-products.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.