The Compassion Experiment (Day 110)




The Compassion Experiment: Words Put !nto Action

This article here, reminds me of why I chose to become a compassionate eater in the first place.
It's all about perspective really. Someone might read this story and be appalled, another might read it and be disapointed the man didn't get to eat it.

Reminds me of:
I was having a philosophical debate with SP (See: rant), about an article I had read regarding a market in China, where people go each day, to pick out a cat for dinner.
I was spitting angry.
I paraphrase.
SP said: 'But, you eat meat don't you?'
I say: 'How can they eat cats, that's cruel?'
SP said: 'Chickens are cute, you eat them don't you?'
MSP: 'Ummm...but it's wrong to eat cats, isn't it?'
SP: 'What's the difference?'
I suddenly realized, I didn't know.
What was the difference?
Chickens and pigs are cute, I like lambs and goats, but why did they have to be so damn tasty.
I pondered it some more, but for some reason the idea of going vegetarian, let alone, totally compassionate, was very, very scary.
I guess I thought it would make it harder to plan meals, or even, to find good meals to eat at all.
Then we just took the plunge, and went for it!
The first two weeks, to maybe a month, were a little rough.
B had curry overload, and was ready to explode.
I had been exploding internally from the curry for weeks.
But we moved on, and have been happy with our decision ever since.
Want to know how we did it?
You do it like this:

Breakfast:
- Oatmeal with fruit, or maple syrup, or
- Cereal with soy milk and sliced fruit of choice, or
- Peanut butter, on toast, or on a bagel, or
- Make a smoothie with chunks of frozen fruit and soy milk.

Snacks:
- apple sauce
- hummus and pitas
- fruit, veggies, nuts
-chips

Lunch/Dinner:
- Pasta with fresh veggies cooked in tomato sauce
- Veggie Stir Fry, with sauce and veggies of choice
- Nature Burgers, corn and fries
- Yummy motherf@#$ing veggie wraps made with falafel's from Whole Foods!

That's a good start anyways.
Try it for a couple days, you'll see how easy is.

This will help too!
vegrecipes.org
tryveg.com

B's gonna love this one!
http://dunkincruelty.com/


Today's Parallel's 'Of Wisdom':
"If you can dream it, you can achieve it, you just have to believe it." - Mic P


Animals saved today: 5
Animals saved to date: 407


Note: we realize these numbers are not a true representation, but in our minds, this helps to visualize the damage we are causing when we eat animal by-products.

Disclaimer:
This blog is for entertainment purposes only.
We do not aim to criticize people, just ideas.
We are only interested in bringing to light, ideas that could help make the world a better place.
That's it.
It's nothing personal, it's just a blog.

TCE 2010

The Compassion Experiment T-Shirts
Order One Today!
Or two, or three or one hundred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.