My Wasted Youth - NOW AVAILABLE!!



With the tenth month of the year coming to a close, it's time to release my tenth book of the year, my collection of musical recollections, called My Wasted Youth.
This is the book where I wrote the true stories and memories of every band I could remember seeing. A list that I stopped at 269 bands because I liked that number and because I got tired of writing them. I'd say the true number is closer to 500 bands but there a lot that weren't worth remembering, to be honest.

Interesting facts:

 - There are 269 bands on the list, but this number continues to grow.

 - The first band that I ever saw perform was Glass Tiger in 1987. And the most recent concert was Elliott Brood at Super Crawl in Hamilton, 2018.

 - The most concerts I saw in the span of two weeks was five. They included AC/DC, KISS, Rage Against The Machine, Korn and Shallow North Dakota.

 - The only letters not represented on the list are X and Y.

 - Furthest I travelled for a concert was Hengelo, Netherlands. I saw Mastadon and The Haunted and there was hardly anyone there, so it was almost like it was a concert put on just for me.

 - Band I’ve seen the most is Clutch (14x)

 - Most popular genre is metal

 - Favorite bands and musicians that I’ve seen but can’t see again because of death, include: Tom Petty, Pantera, Soundgarden, Beastie Boys, Type O Negative, Motorhead

 - In 2018, I’ve seen twelve concerts.

 - Most bands I’ve seen with the same first letter is 29. The letter was M.

 - The Table of Contents is 11 pages.

 - Bands/musicians that I’d love to see again: Stevie Wonder, New Kingdom, The Fucking Champs, The Go! Team, AWOLnation, Mutoid Man…


269 Bands? Yep, they were:

A Hope Conspiracy, The Abandoned Hearts Club, Acacia, AC/DC, Agiel, All Out War, All That Remains, The Allman Brothers Band, Arch Enemy, Atomic Bitchwax, Au Revoir Simone, AWOLnation, Basement Revolver, Beastie Boys, The Berzerker, Between The Buried And Me, Bionic, Biohazard Biz Markie, Black Halos, The Black Dahlia Murder, Black Pistol Fire, Black Sabbath, Blessing The Hogs, Blues Traveller, Brant Bjork and the Bros, Broken Bells, Broken Social Scene, Bucket Truck, Buried Alive, Buried Inside, Burning Brides, Burnt By The Sun, Burn It Down, Burn The 8-track, Candiria, Captured! By Robots, Cannibal Corpse, Cats Can Fly, Cephalic Carnage, Children Of Bodom, Classified, Clutch, Color Me Badd, Converge, Corrosion of Conformity, Cowboy Junkies, Cradle Of Filth,  The Crown, Cro-Mags, Cryptopsy, Curl Up And Die, Cursed, Cypress Hill, Darkest Hour, Daughters, Dave Stewart, Dead To Fall,  Dead To The World, Death By Stereo, Death From Above 1979, Decapitated, Deceased, Deer Tick, December, Deftones, Dethklok, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dimmu Borgir, The Dirty Heads, Disciple, The Donefors,  The Doughboys, Down, Drown, Dying Fetus, Dysrhythmia, Earth Crisis, Electric Wizard, Elliott Brood, The End, Enslaved, E-Town Concrete, Evergrey, EverytimeIdie, EYEHATEGOD, Fantomas, Faith No More, Fear Factory, Feist, Finger 11, From A Second Story Window, Frozen Ghost, Fu Manchu, The Fucking Champs, Funk Brothers, G.Love, Glass Tiger, Girl Talk, The Go! Team, God Forbid, Gorguts, Ghoulunatics, Give Up The Ghost, Grandson, Great Lake Swimmers, Handsome, Hatebreed, Hate Eternal, Hatesphere, The Haunted, Hellacopters, Helmet, High On Fire, Hip Club Groove, Honeymoon Suite, Horse The Band, Humus, Ice Cube, The Illuminati, Immolation, Iron Maiden, Isis,  I Hate Sally, Jack Johnson, Jag Panzer, James,  Jerry Can, The Jesus And Mary Chain, Karma To Burn, Kid Koala,  KISS, Kittie, Kittens, k-os, Korn, Krisiun, L7, Lamb Of God, Lazer/Wulf, Le Bucherettes, Len, Lethal Aggression, Life Of Agony, The Locusts, Lovage, Lush, Macabre, Machine Head, Maestro, Maharaj, Manhole, Mariachi El Bronx, The Marble Index, Mars Volta, Masked Intruder, Mastodon, Matishyu, John Mayer, Me First and the Gimme Gimme’s, The Melvins, Meshugah, MF Doom, Mike Dillon Band, Ministry, Misery Index, Misery Signals, Mr.Bungle, Moneen,  The Monoxides, Monster Magnet, Most Precious Blood, Motorhead, Mundane, Mutoid Man, Nashville Pussy, Nebula, Neil Young, Neurosis, New Bomb Turks, New Kingdom, Nothing But Thieves, No Other Way, Nora, Jamie Oakes, One King Down, Opeth, Orange 9mm, Origin, Our Lady Peace, Pale Mare, Pantera, Pavement, Pearl Jam, Pig Destroyer, Pissing Razors, The Pistolettes, Plains Of Fascination, Pocket Dwellers, Porcupine Tree, Portugal.The Man, Powerman 5000, Priestess, Prong, Public Enemy, Queens Of The Stone Age, R.L. Burnside, Racetraitor, Rage Against The Machine, The Record Company, The Red Chord, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Re-wind, Rollins Band, Rotting, Royal Blood, Serena Ryder, Sarah McLaughlin, Saukrates, Scissor Fight, Scratching Post, Season Of Fire, Shallow (North Dakota), Shuffle Demons, Shutdown, Sick Of It All, Six Feet Under, Skinlab, Skinless, Slayer, Sloan, Soul Brains, Soundgarden, Snoop Dogg, Speedealer, Spread The Disease, Strife, Suffocation, Sugar Ray, Superfriendz, The Swarm, Sworn Enemy, Taken, Teenage Fanclub, Thine Eyes Bleed, Threat Signal, Today Is The Day, Tool, Tom Petty, Treble Charger, Tricky, Trigger Happy, Turmoil, Type O Negative, Unearth, Uphill Battle, USS, Vader, Vile, Vision Of Disorder, Voivod, Weezer, White Cowbell Oklahoma, White Zombie, Whitehorse, The Wildhearts, Wintersleep, Witchery, Wooden Hands, Stevie Wonder, Wool, Wu-Tang Clan, Zao, Zen Guerilla.

Book can be purchased here:

I have had to make a change to my book release schedule. The book that I was planning on releasing in November will not be finished in time, mostly because it's a full-length book that I haven't even begun writing, oops. Guess I was being way too ambitious with this one, though My Wasted Youth took longer than I expected. This means that I've had to reach back into the past to find a stop-gap book for November and then in December I'll release two books, which will mean I won't release 12 books in 2018. I'll release 13.Lucky #13? Well, let's hope so.
Thanks to everyone who has continued to support me as I chase this ridiculous goal of mine. The end is in sight, now all I have to do is write a full-length novel in six weeks. Yowsers.

Cheers,Studio Mike, George the Hellhound, California The Hellcat and Sweet Tito.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022