The Mars Experiment, Volume 1 - NOW AVAILABLE!!


Happy to finally release this book upon the earth. The Mars Experiment is the most ambitious artistic project I've ever taken on and by releasing the first one, this means I have no choice but to finish the whole collection. This is one of the projects that is not complete, the first three volumes are 'in the can', as they say,  don't know who actually says that, but I do believe it is a term that means 'done'. The fourth volume is still in the procrastination stage, and to be honest, until I get my home life situation under control - 30 days left until I have to move out of my apartment and I have no place to move into - I probably won't be in the right state of mind to write about life on Mars.

What is The Mars Experiment about?

It is 2089 on Mars. A new wave of colonists have arrived into the complete chaos and lawlessness of an ungoverned society. The colonists live in a Pod Station built through the collaboration of the USA, Saudi Arabia and Russia. Now the station is fully functional, each country wants control for their own citizens. Earth has degraded into total anarchy. Life on Mars in now the preferred destination for anyone with hope to live in a peaceful society. Too bad life on Mars is anything but. The Mars Experiment, Volume 1 is fast-paced, funny, full of danger and adventure. The story is inclusive and no one is safe from the violence that is about to erupt all around them. Come join the adventure. Did you think life on Mars would be a cakewalk? Think again.

If dark sci/fi fantasy is your thing, you can purchase it here:

https://www.amazon.ca/Mars-Experiment-Stud-M-ke-ebook/dp/B07BVVDXJD/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1524600331&sr=8-2&keywords=the+mars+experiment&dpID=51Fz%252BgzrKSL&preST=_SX342_QL70_&dpSrc=srch


What was the inspiration behind this project?

The idea started with an article I read in the newspaper about the Mars One mission. I had never given it much thought but the people selected for the Mars One mission would go into space knowing they'd never see their families again and, what I began to think about was: what would happen once they got there? That's how The Mars Experiment began and it has grown from that simple idea into a four volume dark sci/fi fantasy series. My vision was to write Lord of the Flies, in space.

So far this blog isn't as depressing as the last couple, whats the deal with that?

I'm trying to stay positive despite the stress I feel trying to find an affordable place to live with my pets. A couple nice things have happened though. I received my first royalty payment, which is totally awesome! Thanks to everybody who has supported me on my mission to release 12 books in 2018. And, as an artist, I've received the best thing I could ever want, which is, people have actually read some of my books, from start all the way to the end! Can you believe it? This makes me very happy, makes it feel like all the work behind these projects is worth it. Thanks for the support!!

So, I haven't given up on the idea of releasing 12 books this year?

There are times when I wonder why the heck I'm doing this but I'm trying to fight through my insecurities and see this project through to the end. I like that the books now contain two new pages: 'Also by Stud!o M!ke' and 'Praise for Stud!o M!ke', and I think it'll be fun adding to these pages. Sometimes it's the small things that keep you motivated or give you the juice to keep chasing your dreams.

Which book is going to come out in May?

That would be The Mars Experiment, Volume 2.
Surprisingly, it is done and laid out. It looks really good but I still have to do a final edit, which can be a real gut-check, because the final edit is also the one that makes me question why I do this in the first place. I often put the final edit off for as long as I can.

The last month has been very stressful for me and I feel bad for my pets because they have no idea what's coming up. Moving is stressful and when I add the fact that we don't have a place to move into, that makes things tense and emotional for me and I know this affects my animals.
I'll keep searching. I've had some really good leads that haven't worked out but I do feel like I'm getting closer. I just want to find a place where we'll be happy and feel safe and secure.

If anyone knows of places for rent, please keep sending them my way. I appreciate the help and support I've received. Nothing has worked out yet but it will. I have to believe that.

Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it!
Stud!o M!ke, George the Hellhound, California the Hellcat and sweet Tito.
April 30, 2018




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022