The Compassion Experiment Day 197


Crosby and Jarrad were two of the most amazing cats I've ever met.
Now they live together, and have found the perfect home.
The moral of the story?
Two cats are better than one, four cats are better than two, six cats...

Did you hear the story earlier in the year, about a cat falling 15
floors and surviving?
She landed on some grass, and broke some bones but, she made it through.
That cat is now in Room C, cage C2, at the OMHS.
She's a big eyed, black and white cutie, who will probably be sitting
in a litter box (not the poopy one), when you peek in her cage.
Her eyes will be wide, but she's not frightened.
That's one amazing cat!

Here we go, yo.
Carrot and Ginger Soup, a compassionate classic!
What you need:

1 Large Onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1 Large Potato, cubed
2 Large Carrots, chopped
2 Inches of fresh ginger, grated
3 cups Vegetable broth
A tease of salt, and a sneeze of pepper.

Saute the onions until yummy looking.
Add the potatoes, carrots , and ginger.
Cook for 3 minutes, and stir constantly.
Add the stock, salt, pepper, bring to a boil and reduce heat.
Simmer for 20 minutes.
Pour into food processor in batches, and blend until smooth.
Serve, eat, enjoy!

It's list time!
Top 5 Compassionate Artists:
(( We'd love to hear your top 5 compassionate artists, please send them our way, and we will spread the word!))

1. Matishyu-
No one knows how to pronounce his name, but there is no mistaking his message: Love, Peace and Graciousness.

"All my life I've been waiting for,
I've been praying for,
For the people to say,
That we don't want to fight now more,
There'll be no more wars,
And our children will play."


2. Neil Young -
An amazing combination of intelligence and melody, the perfect storm for social political music.

"I saw cotton,
And I saw black,
Tall white mansions,
And little shacks.
Southern man,
when will you
pay them back?
I heard screamin'
and bullwhips cracking,
How long? How long?"


3. Paul McCartney/Stevie Wonder -
This song has it all, message, meaning and is catchier than a workplace flu.

"We all know that people are the same where ever you go,
There is good and bad in everyone,
We learn to live,
We learn to give each other,
What we need to survive,
Together alive

Ebony and Ivory,
Live together in perfect harmony,
Side by side on my piano
Keyboard,
Oh lord,
Why dont we?"


4. Dixie Chicks!
I still get chills down my spine, every time I hear this song.

"I made my bed and I sleep like a baby,
With no regrets and I don't mind sayin',
It's a sad, sad story when a mother will teach her,
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.

And how in the world can the words that I said,
Send somebody so over the edge,
That they'd write me a letter sayin' that I better,
'Shut up and sing or my life will be over'."


5. Bob Marley/John Lennon:
Who played a bigger, more important role in political, social and compassionate changes in their time?
God only knows.
And he should, he took them from us way too early.
Their legend, works and inspiration will go on forever.

BM:
"Let's get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One Love)
So when the Man comes there will be no no doom (One Song)
Have pity on those whose chances grove thinner
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation"


JL:
"Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world..."


What more can we say?

This is funny:


This is too!


Thanks for tuning in, and for helping the animals.
Everyday, many more lives are saved, because of you.

TCE November 3, 2010

Today's Parallel's 'Of Wisdom':
"So we'll march day and night,
By the big cooling tower,
They have the plant,
But we have the power." - Lisa Simpson.
How have we not mentioned the fact that there will not be a power plant built in Oakville?
Well, now we have.

Animals saved today: 5
Animals saved to date: 791

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022