The Compassion Experiment (Day 66)

"Jumbo no like flowers!"

The Compassion Experiment: Words Put !nto Action.

Today's Parallel's 'Of Wisdom':
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." - GHANDI.

10 Reasons To Live A Compassionate Lifestyle:
1. Dairy products have been linked to heart disease, cancer (especially breast cancer), allergies, sinus trouble and migraines.
2. 80-90% of all cancer, cardiovascular disease and other degenerative illnesses can be prevented by converting to a plant based diet.
3. A vegetarian diet can prevent 97% of coronary obstructions.
4. A compassionate lifestyle can reduce your risk of food poisoning.
5. More than 90% of the toxic residues found in food come from animal by-products.
6. Dairy foods create excess mucous in the body, which can host cold and virus germs in the respiratory tract.
7. Meat contains bovine growth hormones, and has caused early sexual maturity in children. (note: 100 years ago, girls reached puberty at 17, now it starts as early as 8 years old!)
8. Compassionate eaters tend to be slimmer than carnivores.
9. A plant-based diet can increase your life expectancy by 7-15 years.
10. Because it's the right thing to do, homey!

A Wee Digression:
This weekend was the Toronto Island concert, headlined by Pavement (Question: does anyone give a @#$% anymore? Answer: no), and local 'heroes' Broken Social Scene.
If I were to rate the music of the festival, I'd give it a 1/10, if I were to rate my festival experience, I'd give it a 9/10, and if I were to rate the food and services, I'd give it a -100/10, awful, awful, awful. I'm talking waiting in line for fries, or water, for two hours, and almost three hours for 2 beers. I'm talking beyond brutal.
I paid $60 for a concert where the music did nothing for me, and enjoyed the company of friends and our conversations, more than any of the bands, or the music, though Band Of Horses did actually kick some serious ass (not worth $60 though, more like $5.50).
No, I was never one of the BSS bandwagon jumpers, nor will I ever be. I enjoy the acts that broke out of BSS (see: Feist, best Canadian artist of the 2000's), and Metric, but found it all to be too much musical masturbation, and back patting.
Okay, just seeing Feist was worth the $60, I will admit this, but, for that much $$$ I'd rather hear her own material. On another note: When will her new album come out?!
What does this have to do with The Compassion Experiment you ask?
The festival boasted vegetarian and vegan fare, but, I don't really remember seeing much of that at all. What I was thinking the whole time, was how great would it be, if they didn't sell any meat or cheese at a festival like that. I'm talking 15,000 people at least, and they had no other options for food. They would have eaten anything, people were starving, and desperate, which is the best time to hit them with: 'We got no meat, but tons of other great stuff, try a falafel or nature burger instead!'
Yes, people would rebel, but then they would succumb to their hunger, and voila, thousands of animals could be saved, just like that.
I wish more festivals would start taking a stand like this.
People have to eat at music festivals, and what they want is deep fried foods to go with the $10 beers. Doesn't mean it has to be deep fried meat, does it?

Food for thought, I guess.

What can I say, I'm always coming up with ways that we can help change the world, if only people would listen.
We're doing our part, are you?

Animals saved today: 5
Animals saved to date: 214


Note: we realize these numbers are not a true representation, but in our minds, this helps to visualize the damage we are causing when we eat animal by-products.

The Compassion Experiment T-Shirts
Order One Today!
Or two, or three or one hundred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022