The Compassion Experiment (Day 55)



Not For Profit.

The Compassion Experiment: We stand for change, and work to make it happen.

The debate is over.
Due to the amount of failures I've experienced in my life, it is easy to admit when I have made a mistake.
I guess I should have went into @#$x Oakville more informed. I had never heard of it, never want to hear of it again.
What I didn't realize, is that it is a machine run on corporate sponsorship, and I am a clog that is choking the gears of @#$x Oakville.
I had no idea what I was getting into, but following the volunteer meeting, @#$x has left me with a constant knot in my stomach, and keeps me awake at night, upset. (This is being written at 3am). Am I supposed to live like this for 4 months?
It had been so long since I had been somewhere where I felt so unappreciated, I had almost forgotten what it felt like.
Life is too short to participate in an ego-stroking circle jerk like TEDx.
I would rather spend the time I had reserved for @#$x on doing, not talking, and concentrating my efforts on my work with the Oakville and Milton Humane Society, my documentary on CARE, the Peru Fundraisers, CCAH, The Homeless Radio Show, and now, the Organic Market blog.

Ivory Tower: "We have so many good ideas, how come nothing ever changes?"
Answer: "Because all we do is talk. And talk to people, who do nothing but talk."

Actions speak louder than words, and action is what we, at The Compassion Experiment, are all about.

Next week, it'll be back to business as usual, but with the new addition of the Organic Market blog, which, I am brainstorming as we speak.

Sorry about the drama filled week, it's been a tough one, but one that helped show that I am no longer one to stand back and talk about change, when I could just as easily be affecting that change itself.

Today's Parallel's 'Of Wisdom':
"More people die from the war on drugs, than they do from the drugs themselves, that's the funny thing." From a conversation with S.POTMA

Animals saved today: 3
Animals saved to date: 165


Note: we realize these numbers are not a true representation, but in our minds, this helps to visualize the damage we are causing when we eat animal by-products.

The Compassion Experiment T-Shirts
Order One Today!
Or two, or three or one hundred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.