The Compassion Experiment (Day 23)


The Compassion Experiment: It's not a blog, it's a Blitter. Too short for a blog, too long for a Twitter.


Right now, is there a bigger environmental issue than the oil spill?
I think not. Maybe the senseless slaughter of seal pups for coats, but I won't touch that topic for now.
For now, the question is, who is to blame for the oil spill? Is it BP?

Not as far as I'm concerned. Do you drive a car? Do you drive an SUV or crossover?
If the answer is yes, than you are just as much to blame as the idiots who screwed up the drilling, and who have now screwed up the whole ocean. A pretty big feat, mind you, but not in a good way.
Our dependency on oil is the real culprit here, and we are just as guilty as anyone else, so I'm not pointing fingers, just stating the plain fact that we are all guilty for this tragedy. But, this could be a huge turning point for people's consciousness towards oil consumption, which could turn a bad thing, into a positive. Ask the dying animals if they care.
What is really the issue here? Why, greed of course. Money, money, money, that is why they are drilling there, but try telling that to the animals in the ecosystem that is in the process of a slow, choking death.
Yes, the tourist industry is going to be hit hard, but, screw them, who cares? Hell, we don't even eat fish, but it isn't their contamination that pisses me off, it's that it happened at all.
And what pisses me off the most? NO ONE CAN STOP THE SPILL!!!
No one has played out this issue before, no one ever thought this might happen? I mean, come on! Are you kidding me?
Boy that four storey tower really worked out, eh? Just more people capitalizing on this tragedy, and nothing was fixed, just more time wasted as the ocean turns into an oil slick. I guess we'll have to change the name from the Atlantic Ocean, to the Atlantic Graveyard.
Am I pissed? Geez, you think? You should be too! We all should be. Not that anything can be done to save the ocean now, but thinking ahead, maybe that Ford Excursion, or Cadillac Enclave might not be the best thing for your family of 3. No one needs that, we all know this. Doesn't stop people from buying it, does it? Doesn't enlarge your penis either, gentlemen.
Ironically, at least in Oakville, the people driving these vehicles are the stay-at-home trophy wives who do nothing but meet up with the other trophy wives and drink cocktails and coffee all day. And spend their husbands money, of course.
That's a rant for another day, but for now, just know that these things are noticed, and my guess, is the people driving those vehicles, are spending more time finding out what is happening with the cast of The Hills, rather than the ongoing drama that is the giant oil spill.
This kind of stuff drives me crazy, and like I keep saying, still nothing is being done.
Oh yeah, I mean, they are burning off some oil, which, is another great thing for the environment. Take the pollution from the ocean, and put it in the air we breathe, awesome!
What's next, that's the question.
The Icelandic volcano, the earthquakes, the great oil spill, I don't know about you, but I'm scared, deathly scared, because whatever is coming next, is going to be a doozy.
I think the repercussions of this oil spill will last a generation, at least.
You know how annoying it is, that Lake Ontario is great for looking at, but, that's all it's really good for. Well, that is what is going to happen to the Atlantic. Think about it.
End of rant.

Animals saved today: 3
Animals saved to date: 50

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.