The Compassion Experiment (Day 17)

The Compassion Experiment: It's not a blog, it's a Blitter. Too short for a blog, too long for a Twitter.

Morgan and Sara were displeased that the other cats were on the blog. They are holding the fat ones hostage until we post these pics!

















This email was sent to us from our good friend, Meghan:

My mind was opened to how animals are raised when I was 15 or 16. I
borrowed a book that my friend was reading when she was deciding to
become a vegan. That was enough for me and I chose to no longer eat
meat at that point. The last time that I ate a sad ass chicken was in
a ceasar salad in March of 1996. The funniest thing was what my mom
said after I announced my new decision to my family. She said her
concern was what was I going to eat at Thanksgiving/Christmas? Hmm.
I must have replied that I would eat everything else.

At first, I ate really badly because I was a teenager and was still
learning about recipes. I remember coming home after high school and
making pasta and toast which was a start. Growing up in my family, my
mom and dad did not over emphasize veggies or fruit. Just the basics.

It seems to me that so many individuals decide that attempting to be a
vegetarian or vegan would just be way too hard etc. before even trying
anything. I think that this happens because the animals suffering are
not in front of them. We are so absolutely disconected to where the
food we eat actually comes from. It is simply a pre-packaged specimen
far removed from its original state. Quite possibly, people who are
vegetarian or vegan have the ability to really visualize things in
their mind's eye - such as the animals - and therefore have a
realistic image that they do not want to be a part of.


Thanks for your insightful comments, Meghan, it is much appreciated.

The road to vegetarian and vegan living is fraught with bumps, and doubts. Can I live without this, can I live without that? It's not easy, and people who choose meat, often can't understand why anyone would make the switch at all. In a lot of cases, you're not going to be able to change anyones mind, until you can show them that there are tons of options out there, and that the only thing you'll be missing by not eating animal by-products, is the steroids and hormones they have been injected with.
The last time I ate meat, I noticed the difference in my body after consuming the flesh, I felt more animalistic and charged with an energy that seemed dangerous. So, it is not just our moral values that are changing the way we think, now I can include the effect on my body as another reason to stay clean, meaning, to not eat of the flesh.

A good friend of The Compassion Experiment family, Paula, sent us a link for dairy free cheese. We will be trying it this weekend, but will post the link for others to see the 'cheese' for themselves. Sounds amazing. Check it at www.daiyafoods.com
Thanks Paula!

Here is a link to veggie and vegan recipes that Meghan sent. There are more recipes than you could ever imagine! http://vegweb.com/

Thank you to all, for all the love and support. We appreciate all the links and recipes, and everything else. It has been a crazy ride, but we're holding on with all hands on deck.

Todays Parallel's 'Of Wisdom':
Then Jesus said unto them, verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
Thanks for the advice buddy, but, I think I'll pass.

Animals saved today: 3
Animals saved to date: 44

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.