The Compassion Experiment (Day 15)

The Compassion Experiment: It's not a blog, it's a Blitter. Too short for a blog, too long for a twitter.

Is honey considered a compassionate food?
I don't know what to think on this one.
A bee is an insect, but it's also an animal, is it not?
It's a toughie, what's the call?
Making honey is something that is natural to the bee, but is harvesting the honey exploitive?
Maybe to a certain extent.
But if you use this argument, isn't it natural for a chicken to lay an egg for your breakfast.
Too bad the eggs you get in grocery stores aren't natural.

At the Green Living Show, there was a booth with incredible boots, Beth was all over it.
One pair in particular struck her eye. She asked about them, scared about the price, and indeed, the $375 price tag was a major turnoff.
Their excuse for the price, is that the sole is made of recycled rubber. The boot is leather though, they made sure to tell us. Does doing a right and a wrong make this a good purchase then? No.
There is a very inflated price for a lot of these so-called 'organic' products, it is a big issue for a cheapskate like me.
I know they are overcharging under the guise of being 'green', and this irks me.
Some stuff should be more expensive, I know, and I will pay for value, unfortunately a lot of this stuff is 200% overvalued.
Those purple boots being a prime example.
Not all booths are like that though.
There is a company called Hey Jute, which has awesome products, and normal prices. Great value for their stuff, and I support them in all their efforts. They have cool guitar straps and handbags. When we're rich we'll be all over it.

I was passing by the Oakville Arena today, and noticed a public garden. I thought it was very cool, you can see the pictures.
Tomorrow I'll do a bigger expose on these gardens, and who runs them. I'm also adding them, so I don't forget to research them tomorrow.

Have a great week, hope everyone has been enjoying the global warming!



Animals saved today: 2
Animals saved to date: 39

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.