2108 is going to be a great year for live music!

Corrosion of Conformity - Opera House, 2018

It's the first week of March, which means I can take a week off writing/editing and laying out book #3 of 12. 
Book #3 is a kids adventure story called Moose and Turkey.

I'm a music nerd and proud of it!
2018 is going to be a fantastic year for live music, I'm super pumped about it, pumped enough to write a blog about it, ya dig?
This year I'll see as many bands/concerts as I can afford to. Concerts aren't cheap but it's important to support art and music, without culture humanity would lose its essence, its soul.
One of the books I'll be releasing this year is called My Wasted Youth, which is a collection of recollections from the 200+ concerts I've seen and 300+ bands I've witnessed playing live. That number is going to bloat big-time this year because three months in, there are tons of concerts I want to see, it's crazy! I'll see as many as I can because this kind of thing doesn't happen every year.
I love concerts, always have, from my first concert - Glass Tiger - to the most recent - AWOLnation - being part of the audience at a concert is such a rush, I never get tired of it, just my knees do.
I collect concert t-shirts, they are pretty much the only thing I wear. If I had a fashion statement it would be: Music Is My Life. I'm wearing: Girl TalkQOTSAMatishyuRage Against The MachineEYEHATEGODAWOLnationMasked IntruderMastadonClutch, Sonic Youth, Dark Funeral.

Bands/Musicians I've seen in 2018:
Corrosion of Conformity, EYEHATEGOD, Pale Mare, AWOLnation, Nothing but Thieves, Shjaane Glover (local) and Frank Reynolds (local)
Bands I've got tickets for (or will soon) - The Go! Team, Portugal. The Man, Broken Social Scene, Mutoid Man.
Bands I'm thinking of seeing: Earthless, Integrity, Sleep, The Sword - to name just a few.

There is more to life than just concerts, I understand that but they mean so much to me. They give me something to look forward to, they give me a reason to keep on keeping on, they add spice to my otherwise ordinary - and proud to it! - life. Being at a concert helps me feel alive, it can bring out emotions and feelings that I'd otherwise not experience and it makes me feel like I'm a part of something special and unique.
I'm always happy to get out and experience live music with a friend or two.
So this year, come see a concert with me!
Let's go!

Stud!o Mike,
March, 2018.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladybird Animal Sanctuary

Best Metal'ish albums of 2022

Top 10 Reasons I’m Not Surprised I Don’t Have a Girlfriend.